Friday 8 November 2013

Basic gardening tips - Walls can be creative too

Walls are just waiting to be made into features, use them and add interest to your outside areas.




 I like to surround myself with things from my childhood, like this old wheel barrow wheel, chains, and horse shoes that came from my grandfathers Blacksmith shop, which was in the backyard of the home I grew up in.  Old train plaques from the railway workshops my father worked in also adorn the walls above one of my many work benches.



For a more formal look we have added hanging plants and this wonderful clock to the entrance of our home and making sure we use every space available we used a recycled iron wine rack to provide a frame for a creeper by the front gate.

Get creative, search the recycle and dump shops there is an abundance of old things waiting for a second chance.




Happy gardening


Brownyn

No comments:

Post a Comment